Last update: January 2023
Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. However, before we implement the withdrawal of consent, we may require proof of your identity. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to provide certain products or services.
What information we collect:
We may gather certain electronic personal information, when individuals contact us in relation to the products we distribute in Canada and that they bought. In those circumstances, we may collect contact information and all the information related to the purpose of the call as well as information which is generated by your computer when you interact with our website. More specifically, the personal information we collect is generally in one or more of the following categories:
- When you contact us by phone or e-mail as well as written communications such as letters and/or faxes notably in order to apply for a job or if you have any question: we can collect your name, first name, email address and any other information you provide us such as your resumé. We wish to remind you that any information you provide us with is on a voluntary basis.
- For individuals who visit our website located at https://dandondecor.com, we may collect information from you or from your activities on the site and, notably:
- Book a visit form: we may collect your name, first name, email address and the name of the company which you are working for.
- Create an account form: we may collect your name, first name, email address and the name of the company which you are working for; address of the company.
- Log in form: we may collect your Danson account number, your email and password.
- For customers who have access, via KeCommerce, to their order history and customer accounts. We may collect your name, email address, user ID, and any order history and customer account information.
- Like most websites and other Internet services, we may collect certain technical and device information about your use of our website. Such information may include your Internet protocol address, information about your device, browser and operating system, and the date and time of your visit.
Generally-speaking, we use 1st and 3rd-party session and persistent cookies. The cookies set by us are called “1st-party cookies” and the cookies set by our third-party partners and service providers are called “3rd-party cookies”. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to evaluate the performance of our Website; this is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports traffic on the Website. Google uses the collected data to track and control the use of our Service. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, please visit the Google Privacy and Terms of Service page.
Persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser or until you manually delete it (for the former, how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie and your browser settings). Persistent cookies help us recognize you as an existing user of our Website, so it’s easier and convenient to return to our Website or interact with our Services without signing in again. In addition, persistent cookies also help us recognize you when you view a resource belonging to our Website from another website or app (such as an advertisement) and help us record information about your web browsing habits during the lifetime of the persistent cookie.
Conversely, session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you close your web browser. Many session cookies are essential to make our Website work correctly, as they typically enable you to move around our Website and use our features.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Necessary Cookies – These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Service and the security of the Website. For example, necessary cookies are used to ensure the functionality of a change from http to https, or to remind you of your cookie preferences if you are prompted to accept or decline certain cookies. We are not required to obtain your consent for these cookies.
- Statistical Cookies – Statistical cookies help us, by collecting and communicating information anonymously, to understand how visitors interact with the Website.
In general, we have cookies in the Website’s libraries/plugins.
You can also visit the below link for an overview of how to block or delete cookies on the most common browsers: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Other Interactions. For individuals who otherwise interact with us, whether in person, by phone or email, through social media or otherwise, including individuals who might be interested in acquiring our products or services, who sign-up to receive newsletters or other communications, or who respond to surveys and questionnaires, we may collect information that you provide to us during these interactions. This information may include your name, e-mail address and other contact information.
Why we collect personal information:
We collect your personal information to design, maintain, manage, improve, and provide products and services on our website, to better serve our customers and to respond to any request they address.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and other information for purposes such as:
- to make full use of, maintain, improve, and provide all the functionalities of the Website, provide the services and information you request, respond to comments and questions, and provide support to users of the Website;
- to communicate with you in accordance with applicable laws relating to our products and services;
- to monitor and improve our Website, and to develop new services;
- to analyze the needs and activities of our customers to help us better serve them;
- to conduct research and analysis related to our business, products and services;
- to respond to inquiries and other requests;
- to provide you with information that we think may interest you, including in regards to our products and services; and
- to investigate legal claims.
We may use your personal information and other information for purposes for which we have obtained your consent, and for such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law. We do not use the information we collect to provide advertising of third party products and services or targeted advertising of Company products and services across third party websites or service offerings.
Communication of collected information:
We do not share, sell or distribute your personal information with or to unrelated third parties, except under limited circumstances.
Personal information may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the information was originally collected or for purposes to which you have consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal information in order to handle mailings on our behalf or to evaluate the proper way to answer your question or to solve your complaint.Please find below a list of our third-party service providers that may process your personal information:
We do not authorize the service providers to disclose your personal information to unauthorized parties or to use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information about our service providers, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Additionally, we may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or subsidiaries; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
If we otherwise intend to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will identify that third party and the purpose for the disclosure, and obtain your consent.
Opting Out of Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us, or, if you created an online account when you registered to receive our emails, you may log-in to your account and make changes to your communication preferences. You may also opt-out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our products or services, or other matters.
Retention of Personal Information
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
Where the purposes for which personal information was collected or used are achieved, Danson will destroy or anonymize the personal information to use it for serious and legitimate purposes , subject to any preservation period provided for by an act. If you would like more information on the periods during which your personal information will be kept, please contact us using the contact details in the “Contact Us” section below.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures with a view to protecting your personal information and other information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Only our employees who need to access your personal information in the course of their duties will have access to your personal information. These employees have been trained to handle such information properly and in accordance with our security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. We will deploy industry-standard efforts to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of information.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Management of your personal information:
You can request access to your personal information held by us and request corrections. Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal information, we will disclose the personal information we hold about you, unless legal exceptions apply. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes, unless legal exceptions apply.
Moreover, you may also ask for:
- The withdrawal of consent. You may withdraw your consent to the communication or use of the personal information collected:
- where applicable, erasure of your personal information. You may have the right to request that personal information held about you is deleted, not disseminated anymore or desindexed
- Where applicable, you may have the right to request information about the use of any automated decision system and about the impact they may have on you as well as the opportunity to submit observations to a member of the personnel of Danson who is in a position to review the decision.
International or Interprovincial Transfer and Storage of Information
Third Party Websites and Services
Our products and services are not intended for minor people, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minor. If you are a minor under the laws applicable to your place of residence, please do not provide us with any personal information without the express consent of a parent or guardian.
If you are a parent or guardian and you know that your children have provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from minor children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.